Jan. 21/19 Regular Meeting Minutes
The meeting was called to order by Lion President Kim C. at 7:00PM. 20 members were present. Our guests, DG Gord Graves, Lion Patti Easterling, PDG Anne Huntley, ZC Malcolm Jones and Rob Northcott.
PREVIOUS MINUTES: Moved by Lion Steve D. that the minutes of January 7th be accepted as published on the website and via email, seconded by Lion Ron G. Carried.
CORRESPONDENCE: A thank you letter from Delta Assist (Christmas Hampers) was circulated.
1. Financial Report: Lion Steve D. moved that the treasurer’s report be accepted as circulated, seconded by Lion Peter H. Carried
2. Induction of new member: New Lion Rob Northcott was inducted into the membership.
3. Address by District Governor, Gord Graves: DG Gord brought greetings from International Pres. Gudrun, whose motto this year is “Broad Horizons’. Her goal is to see women make up 50% of all Lions in 5 years. She is also looking to see more Leos (youth) join or start new clubs. DG Gord helped start the first Leo club in our district in Port Coquitlam, 5 years ago. He also stressed the importance of funding towards Camp Horizon in Birch Bay, not just for the attendees but also for their parents to go to camp. He mentioned that any member who is more than 90 days in dues arrears be suspended and will have to reapply for membership. Gord’s favourite charity is Lions Foundation Guide Dogs and he and Lion Patti E. circulated a fireman’s helmet, for donations. He ended his address by passing out Milestone Chevrons to Lions Roger L., Gary K., Bill W. and Murray H.
4. Canada Day Coordinator: Pres. Kim circulated the Canada Day Coordinator’s duty sheet and asked the club if we were still in favour of putting on Canada Day this year. NOTE: As of January 23rd, Lion Peter Hay has stepped forward to take on the duties of Canada Day Coordinator, leading a team of four other members, Lions Marilyn E. , Chris H., Peter T. and Steve D.
5. Good and Welfare: The memorial service for Walter Melnyk’s wife, Emma, has been set for Saturday, Feb. 2nd at the United Church in Tsawwassen. Lion Don M. is still ailing from pneumonia, and Lion Rick M. also has pneumonia.
TERMINATION/ADJOURNMENT: The meeting was terminated at 8:04 PM
March 15/16 – District 19H Spring Conference, Chilliwack