FEBRUARY 4, 2019 REGULAR MEETING MINUTES
The meeting was called to order by Lion President Kim Carswell at 7:00 pm. 26 members were present.
PREVIOUS MINUTES: Moved by Lion Steve Scott that the minutes of Jan. 21 be accepted as published on the website and via email, seconded by Lion Roger Lasell. Carried
CORRESPONDENCE: letters for financial assistance received from Canadian Red Cross and Meals on Wheels and passed on to the Community Donations Committee
1. Financial Report: Lion Harry Siempelkamp moved that the treasurer’s report be accepted as
circulated, seconded by Lion Rick Marks, Carried.
2. Nominating Committee: Lion President Kim Carswell reported that the committee of Lions Murray Hastings, Gary Keller and Kim Carswell were actively recruiting the new executive and will meet the week of Feb.11 to identify new candidates. Nominating meeting will be Apr. 1 and elections, if required, will be held at the Annual General meeting on Apr. 15
3. Community Donations Committee: Lion Roger Lasell moved that the club donate $1000 to the SDSS Rugby Club and $1000 to the SDSS Football Club for their assistance at the Tree Chipping Event. Seconded by Lions Alan Calderwood. Carried. Lions Allan Calderwood, Roger Lasell and Kim Carswell will organize a “Big Cheque” presentation to the SDSS clubs.
CDC Chairman Roger Lasell asked the membership to consider individuals or groups that may benefit from some financial assistance from the TBBL. They should contact Roger Lasell or any member of the Donations Committee.
4. Canada Day Coordinator: Lion President Kim Carswell announced that Lion Peter Hay had volunteered to head the committee., assisted by Lions Marilyn Elford, Steve Dane, Peter Thesiger and Chris Heywood.
5. Grauer Park update: Lion Alan Calderwood gave a detailed report on this project from inception until today. Details are available on the Lions website. Lions Peter Thesiger and Steve Dane compiled a 7 page document from archived minutes of all the discussions pertaining to the Grauer Park project. This document was emailed to all members and is posted on the TBBL website under “Members only / Notices to Membership”, password TBBLmembers).
Lion Alan Calderwood moved that $10,000 be moved into the Grauer Park fund for the next phase of this project, seconded by Lion David Smith. Carried. It should be noted that these funds will be available to other projects should the need arise, and only be used for Grauer Park upon further approval of the club members.
6. Good and Welfare of Members: Lion President Kim Carswell reported that Lion Gerry Hintz had just passed away, after a length illness. He also commented on the service for Emma Melnyk held on Saturday.
7. Round Table: Lion Allan Calderwood suggested that we should sponsor a member to attend the District H Spring Conference on March 15/16 to represent the TBBL. This will be discussed at the Board meeting on Feb. 19
TERMINATION/ADJOURNMENT: The meeting was terminated at 8:05 pm
CLUB CALENDAR: March 15/16 – District 19H Spring Conference - Chilliwack